Without a shadow of a doubt these are the most versatile, easiest to make, and best tasting Paleo and Keto wraps, tortillas, and pita bread you will ever make.
I have tested several different concoctions and this is it. Search no further. I’ve got you covered.
Don’t believe me? Try them yourself and let me know.
13 Reasons Why I Am Sharing This Recipe With You?
- They are a time saver – I make a bunch of these at once and freeze them in here so I never think about eating a processed wrap, pita, or tortilla again. I don’t have to run to the store.
- Keep me lean and not bloated (unlike the stotre bought variety). I avoid bad carbs as much as possible and eating these help me stay at my ideal weight
- Stops my cravings for carbs/breads
- Fills me up – You eat less and you don’t have to fill them up as much as you would a regular wrap, taco, or pita
- They taste outstanding
- I don’t feel lethargic or crash like I do when I eat soft tortillas at a restaurant or out of the package.
- I have sustainable energy so I can get more things done in a day
- They can be used as pita, wraps or soft tortillas and you can vary the size and thickness of them
- They are Keto and Paleo friendly
- Full of fiber
- Low in sodium
- These Keto and Paleo tortillas, wraps, and pitas are easy to make
- I plan on sharing many super healthy recipes that will require these bad boys
How many wraps, tortillas, and pitas will this recipe produce:
I got 10 wraps – depends on how thin you roll them
What you will need:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup of flaxmeal
- 1/4 cup of coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons of psyllium husks
- Olive oil spray
- 1 cup of water (room temp) – If mixture is too dry, add small amounts of water – a tablespoon or 2 will usually work unless you have added several of the below ingredients. You don’t want it too loose or watery.
You can get as creative as you like. Add just about any spice you want (1/2 tsp). Remember, a little goes a long way.
- Curry Powder
- Garlic Salt
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Dried Basil
- Italian Seasoning
- Pumpkin Spice
What else you will need to make this recipe:
- Mixing Bowl
- Cooking surface
- Pan or pot top
- Baking sheet
I have to confess…
I am getting hungry just thinking about these. Glad I made a bunch of them.
- Assuming you have measured out the ingredients, if not, do that now, add the almond flour, flaxmeal, coconut flour, and psyllium husks into your mixing bowl
- Add any of the additional ingredients you wish. For this batch I only added a 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Add the water and mix with your hands. (I tried an electronic mixer like you would use if you were making a cake and it did not work well at all. It was a sticky mess.)
- Then you make a brick with the mixture showed below:
- Put the plate in the refrigerator for 30 to 45 minutes to help seal it all together. (you can prepare the rest of your meal or do something other productive during this time)
- Take the baking sheet and spray with olive oil spray
- Get your mixture out of the fridge
- Cut off approximately 1/8th of the brick (mine were pretty thick at first so I suggest you to experiment with the first one before you cut them all out). Decide if you want to use them as a wrap, tortilla, or pita. **For me pita would be thickest, wrap would medium thickness, and a tortilla would be thinnest
- Take your roller and begin rolling out the dough
- When you get the desired width/circumference, take your pan/pot cover and begin to cut out. Use the leftovers from the cut to add back to your brick.
- Put your pan on medium heat
- Spray a little olive oil spray into your pan
- Add one of your cut out wraps, tortillas, or pitas to the pan that now looks like this:
- These cook super fast, usually 2 to 3 minutes on each side (cooking times may vary due to your stove so watch them closely) If you over cook they will get hard and crumble. This recipe keeps them soft while cooked.
- While one Keto/Paleo wrap is cooking, I begin making the next one and repeat this process until done. If you wanted to make them all at once go for it. I reapply the spray to the pan and to the baking sheet to keep this process running smoothly as I finish my batch.
Here is your VERY YUMMY, HEALTY, and super easy to make completed Keto/Paleo wraps,tortillas, or pitas:
Nutritional information per tortilla, wrap, or pita:
- Carbs 7.4 grams
- Fiber 5.8 grams
- Net Carbs 1.6 grams
- Fat 14 grams
- Saturated fat from above (3 grams)
- Protein 5 grams
- Sodium (trace amounts) Flax meal and almond flour have none
Enjoy these versatile Keto wraps, Paleo pitas, and Keto/Paleo tortillas!
To You Shedding The Pounds, Staying Lean, And Being Fully Energized,
P.S. – Comment, ask questions, or let me know if you have made these or something similar. I will respond to all!
P.P.S. – Make sure to use the buttons on this page to share, tweet or pin.